Cavalier Burr Medic (Medicago polymorpha var brevispina)
For quantities over 500 lbs. (more than 10 bags of 50 pounds) please contact us by Phone at 800 253 7346 or click here for a price quote and delivery options.
Spineless burr medic with a relatively high percentage of soft seed compared to Santiago.It has high herbage and seed production. Developed to extend the role of annual medics, particularly in phase pastures, where higher levels of soft seed will result in more densely regenerating second year pastures. Cavalier is suited to farming systems with either a long-term or short-term phase. Cavalier can provide a sound base for pasture with a broader range of maturity, pest and pathogen tolerances, and hard seededness. This allows for the pasture to respond to various environmental fluctuations.
- Mid-maturing variety
- Flowering 90-95 days in regions with 350 mm rainfall
- Suited to areas with a minimum of 350 mm rainfall
- An average of 13.8% soft seed in the first year
- Grows well on alkaline to slightly acid soils
- Good waterlogging and salinity tolerance – up to 8 D/sm
Seed agronomy table
|Min Rainfall (mm)||350|
|Hard Seed Level||7|
|High Rainfall / Irrigation||15-20|