Graza Forage Radish
For quantities over 500 lbs. (more than 10 bags of 50 pounds) please contact us by Phone at 800 253 7346 or click here for a price quote and delivery options.
Graza Radish is a fast growing, drought tolerant, forage radish which can be grazed multiple times as it rapidly regrows after grazing.
- During Summer, weight gains are difficult, Graza offers a palatable solution to the effects of cool season pastures
- Graza can survive in hot, wet summers and can persits for a year without flowering in Oregon and louisiana
- After 17 years of crossing, Graza has evolved into a uniquely smooth-leaved, low-crowned and late-flowering crop.
- Graza can be grazed by Sheep, Cattle, Deer and other grazing wildlife
- Graza can also be used as a cover crop to open up your soil provide improved water penetration, and to supply nitrogen-cycling organic matter that breaks down well.
- Graza Radish has a remarkable digestible dry matter and metabolizable energy level, higher than corn or sorghums.
- It is a cost effective cultivar to grow, easy to sow and quick to germinate.
- Graza Also does not need special tillage or planting equipment as it can be drilled into stubble.
- A major advantage of Graza is its persistence, resulting in more grazing cycles.
Graza can be planted in spring or fall with first grazing typically after 6-8 weeks. Graza Forage Radish is capable of 2-4 grazing cycles. Graza is compatible with chicory, herbs, and plantain. Minimal ripening required.
- Plant seed at 1/4" to 1/2” depth in a fine, moist, firm seedbed.
- Plant at 20 pounds per acre as a pure stand
- Plant at 5 pounds per acre as part of a mix
Please note because this seed is packaged according to the metric system, full bags are 55 pounds (25 kg), so please order multiple bag orders in units of 55 pounds