Kingston Perennial Ryegrass
The versatile perennial
For quantities over 500 lbs. (more than 10 bags of 50 pounds) please contact us by Phone at 800 253 7346 or click here for a price quote and delivery options.
Kingston Perennial Ryegrass is a densely tillered, productive, persistent, diploid perennial ryegrass. Kingston is suited to all forms of grazing management with maximum production being achieved from rotational grazing. Over a wide range of topographies, climate conditions and soil types, Kingston has shown strong productivity and excellent persistency. It has shown excellent seedling vigor resulting in rapid establishment. Following grazing, Kingston has exhibited rapid regrowth across all farming practices. Kingston is very productive and responds well to moist fertile soils, but was also bred with adaptability to acidic soils containing aluminum. When compared with other perennial Ryegrasses, Kingston has shown improved tolerance of harsher climatic conditions and soils of lower nutrient levels. Kingston is productive in poorer soils, in lower rainfall regions, in hotter summers. It is the only ryegrass for the Southwest, also selected for its excellent tolerance to dry conditions and is noted for its strong cool season growth. Kingston is an excellent option for continuous grazing in horse and sheep pasture. Kingston, as a low growing perennial, offers an added component to covercrops in trees and vines. Kingston is suitable for cattle, sheep, and horse pasture.
High tiller density
Rapid recovery from grazing
Good drought tolerance
Strong fall-winter growth
Tolerates and remains productive in acidic soils
Improved stem rust tolerance
Kingston can be successfully established at any time of the year in many climates. The optimum period for reliable establishment is considered spring, summer (mild summer) or fall when soil temperatures are above 50 degrees F (10 degrees C) and adequate moisture is available. Kingston can be planted alone, or for the best continuous quality production, Kingston can be used as a key component in a permanent pasture mix.
- Kingston has, over a number of years, established a reputation of being a resilient, diploid perennial ryegrass.
- Adapted to a broad range of soil and climatic conditions
- Kingston is fast establishing for a perennial ryegrass.
- With a high tiller density, Kingston recovers rapidly from grazing.
- Kingston has good production in low fertility soils
- Seed at 15-25 pounds per acre
- Seed in fall; spring, in intermountain regions
- Kingston Perennial Ryegrass is usually planted in drier conditions
- Compatible with Tonic plantain and Gala brome in a dryland mix
- A "Driverow" covercrop at 15 pounds per acre Kingston, 5 pounds per acre Flecha tall fescue