Gala Grazing Brome Coated
For quantities over 500 lbs. (more than 10 bags of 50 pounds) please contact us by Phone at 800 253 7346 or Click Here for a price quote and delivery options.
Gala is recognized as a perennial grass of value for persistence in hot, dry conditions. It is a zero endophyte, dense tillered, deep rooted, bunchgrass with excellent seedling vigor. This makes Gala an ideal choice for horse grazing. In the dry summer regions, Gala continues to perform better than traditional pasture species as both a quality feed and ground cover. It is active in the cooler months and survives long dry periods. Gala persists in frequently rotated or grazed pasture. This brome has the ability to tolerate a wide range of climatic and soil conditions having survived drought in the southwest and frost in the Great Basin and intermountain regions. As a zero endophyte perennial grass, Gala is a suitable option for horse pastures as it is palatable and safe for grazing. Gala is tolerant of the close, continuous grazing found in most horse pasture scenarios.
- Outstanding Animal Performance
- Excellent Production levels
- Persistent and Tolerant of Hard Grazing
- Rapid recovery from grazing
- Very Good drought Tolerance
- No risk of endophyte related stock health problems
- Plant at 25-30 pounds per acre
- Plant at a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Where possible cross drill and roll. If broadcasting the seed increase your planting rate 20%
- Gala performs best on well drained, fertile soils, avoid planting into soils that become water logged
- Gala can be planted at any time provided the soil temperature remains above 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Preferably, the seed bed should be firm and moist at the time of planting similar to that of Alfalfa
- Gala is compatible with white clover, plantain, red clover and chicory
This seed is coated with Mycorrhizae, Super Absorbant and Rootex