- Cover Crops Seed
Buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum or Fagopyrum saggitatum)
For quantities over 500 lbs. (more than 10 bags of 50 pounds) please contact us by Phone at 800 253 7346 or Click Here for a price quote and delivery options.
What are the benefits of planting Buckwheat Seed? First of all, this flowering plant attracts pollinating honey bees, suppresses weeds, and improves soil. It is often used as an insectary plant drawing beneficial hover flies, soldier beetles, and parasitic wasps. Secondly, Buckwheat improves soil content by creating plant friendly phosphorus. Did you know calcium and phosphorus are among the most important nutrients needed by plants? Last but not least, Buckwheat suppresses weed growth by way of its large smothering leaves and fast germination/growth rate. What's not to like about cover cropping with this magnificent seed?
- Buckwheat is a Fast-Growing summer annual broadleaf.
- It can be used as Quick Growing Green Manure and for Weed Competition.
- Plant Buckwheat at a high seeding rate when trying to choke out weeds.
- Buckwheat grows Rapidly and can flower within one month of seeding.
- It also Breaks Down Quickly after incorporation.
- Buckwheat (in a monoculture stand or as a component in a mix) is also used to attract Beneficial Insects.
Plant at 80 Pounds per Acre