FL104 Ryegrain (Secale cereale)
For quantities over 500 lbs. (more than 10 bags of 50 pounds) please contact us by Phone at 800 253 7346 or click here for a price quote and delivery options.
FL104 Rye is a great choice early for season pasture or for a highly competitive cover crop. This outstanding cultivar was co-developed by the University of Florida and the University of Georgia. FL104 has outstanding winter growth and good regrown when grazed or mowed before it goes into a reproductive stage. It works well when planted alone or in mixes in both pasture and cover crop situations. Cereal Rye is the best cool-season cereal cover crop for absorbing unused soil N. Rye smothers weeds with its rapid establishment and nutrient uptake. It can suppress pests, reduce erosion & runoff, add large amounts of organic matter, reduce disease pressure, and improve soil structure. FL104 is widely adapted and does well on a variety of soil types. FL104 was developed with more rust and disease resistance than Merced rye, has shown to produce more biomass and FL104 flowers later than Merced Rye allowing a longer a grazing period or widow for incorporation. It should planted in the spring in the coldest parts of the United States, It can be planted in the fall, winter or spring in the rest of the country.
- Outstanding rapid growth early Pasture
- More rust and disease resistance than Merced Rye
- Later to flower than Merced Rye
- Rapid establishment to suppress weeds & prevent erosion
- Excellent at capturing residual nutrients with a significant reduction in nitrate leaching (control N tie-up by timing of incorporation)
- Can be a key component of a water plan
- Can add large amounts of organic matter
- Also available in mixes
- FL104 is a proprietary variety co-developed by the University of Florida and the University of Georgia
Plant at 70-90 lbs per acre.