Corvallis Teff Grass
For quantities over 500 lbs. (more than 10 bags of 50 pounds) please contact us by Phone at 800 253 7346 or click here for a price quote and delivery options.
Teff Grass is a fine-stemmed, vigorous, highly-palatable, warm season annual grass. It can produce high quality hay in a relatively short growing season. Teff is comparable to Timothy and Orchardgrass, making it an excellent forage for horses and other livestock. Corvallis Teff is a medium maturing variety that is widley adaptable with excellent production under irrigation or natural rainfall (irrigation will be required in areas without necessary rainfall). The seeds are small and need to be planted 1/4 inch deep into a firm seed bed -fields should be rolled after planting to make sure the seed bed is firm. When producing hay, cut before maturity for optimal forage quality (approx. 50 days after planting depending on temps) seed head should not be present. Leave 3-4 inch stubble height for proper regrowth. Teff Grass requires a frost free growing season, so seed must be planted in the spring after the risk of frost has past. Click here for Tech Sheet.
Seed is raw not treated and should be planted at 10-12 lbs per acre.
- Ideal for horse hay Market
- Can be used for hay, silage and pasture when late season plantings are required
- Ideal for alfalfa rotations
- Can be interseed into thinning alfalfa stands to extend last year forage production
- Excellent second crop for late spring or summer rotations
- Can provide a alternative to planting sudangrass for the warm season with multiple cuttings
- Drydown is quicker than sudangrass for hay production